Prefabrication Trends Embraced by Tampa Building Contractors
Although prefabricated construction has been in existence for quite a while, it has recently experienced a resurgence in popularity with Tampa building contractors. This revival can be credited to the following circumstances associated with the use of modular and prefabricated construction.
If you are wondering why you should be interested that prefab products reduce downtime during construction projects, here are a few reasons to consider:
- Reduction in installation time
- Easing of setup process
- Less time spent handling materials and cleaning up
- Project schedules shortened
- Ease of sourcing required components
Savings in time and costs are often shared with customers. Choosing Tampa building contractors who incorporate at least some prefabrication into their efforts could prove profitable for your bottom line.
Savings on Construction Costs
The inclusion of prefabrication in a project’s design typically leads to cost savings. In particular, the following elements of a project lead to lower expense in the overall completion of the project:
- Project costs minimized due to reduced labor costs
- Waste during construction reduced
Access to Quality
Prefabrication should not be mistaken with reduced quality in products, particularly if skilled workers are not readily available for certain aspects of a building project. For example, prefabbed electrical components are produced by qualified technicians, enabling contractors to use specialized parts without sacrificing value.
Where Do You Find Prefabrication Trends?
Commonly used prefabbed items include:
- Wall items, such as power receptacles and switches
- Floor products, including switches and other electrical components
- Electrical components, such as outlet boxes, pre-sized cables, and conduits
Residential and commercial building contractors in Tampa are increasingly using prefabrication to speed up the construction process in an effort to offer affordability and green practices. As a result, residential projects and commercial construction benefit from cost-effective measures and a timely schedule.